Ketamine Therapy in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills, CA
SPRAVATO™ Nasal Spray
Our New FDA-Approved Breakthrough Treatment for Major Depression Disorder (MDD)
What is SPRAVATO™?
SPRAVATO™ is a prescription medicine, used along with an antidepressant taken by mouth, for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) in adults. This FDA-approved Ketamine treatment is the first of its kind and can help adults who have struggled with depression and have not received positive results from anti-depressants medications alone. The spray is administered nasally by you but under doctor supervision in a comfortable setting within our office.
SPRAVATO™ has been proven to be significantly more effective than other pharmaceuticals, is very safe, has few if any side effects, and is often life-changing for our patients. In an effort to make this groundbreaking therapy available to and convenient for his patients, New Brain Institute now provides SPRAVATO™ for all potential patients who may suffer from depression or anxiety. Often, even when other treatments have failed to provide adequate relief, ketamine is effective.
About the SPRAVATO™ Treatment
- SPRAVATO™ is taken with a daily oral antidepressant
- How do I take it? You administer SPRAVATO™ nasal spray yourself under the supervision of our doctors
- Where do I take the treatment? The treatment is administered at our Spravato-certified treatment center in a comfortable setting in a dedicated Ketamine Treatment Room under the supervision of our on-site doctor.
- How often do I take it? SPRAVATO™ is taken twice a week for the first four weeks. After the first four weeks, SPRAVATO™ is taken once a week for a month. Often, the treatment is then taken once a week or two weeks as symptoms of depression lessen depending on how you respond to the treatment
- Is it safe? SPRAVATO™ nasal spray was evaluated for safety in both short- and long-term clinical trials of adults diagnosed with treatment-resistant depression.
- What happens during treatment? A healthcare professional will monitor you for at least two hours. You won’t be able to drive or operate machinery that requires you to be completely alert until the next day, following a restful sleep. So you’ll need to plan for rides on treatment days. See the video below to find out more!
Why Choose Ketamine Therapy with SPRAVATO™?
In a clinical study of adults with treatment-resistant depression:
Those who took SPRAVATO™ and an oral antidepressant experienced greater reductions of depression symptoms at four weeks compared to those who received a placebo plus an oral antidepressant.
In many cases, this treatment will be covered under your insurance and we are able to accept most insurance. See our insurance options or call us for free insurance verification!
Is SPRAVATO™ Right For You?
If you’ve struggled with depression and tried two or more antidepressants* in your current episode without adequate relief, talk to your doctor to see if you have treatment-resistant depression. Ask your doctor if SPRAVATO™ may be an option for you.
*Of adequate dose and duration.
Ketamine therapy is also effective for both mood and anxiety disorders, including:
- Chronic or Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Partum Depression
- Anxiety Disorders